The Heathrow Aviation Academy “Air Cabin Crew Preparation” course is designed and delivered by highly experienced cabin crew members with the aim to prepare candidates from various backgrounds to successfully undertake and succeed in the Airlines application and selection process. The 2-days intensive course help candidates fully understand the role of cabin crew and combines theory with a range of verbal, visual, written and practical training to enhance learning experience and better prepare candidates for the airline’s assessment day.
The programme is designed to maximize learning experience amongst all learner types which also involves self-assessment, peer-assessment and tutor-assessment. It also includes activities designed to suit the needs of visual, auditory and kinaesthetic learners. Furthermore, the course also includes individual, pair and group activities along with e-learning.
This is made up of a number of learning outcomes, which are as follows:
- Be able to identify the roles and responsibilities of Cabin Crew
- Be able to undertake a safety demonstration
- To understand what makes good customer service and why this is important for prospective Cabin Crew
- To understand the role of selling skills required by Cabin Crew
- To examine a range of possible Cabin Crew emergency situations
- To discuss procedures for planned and unplanned emergencies
- To be familiar with the term AVMED and what this might entail for Cabin Crew
- To undertake effective passenger announcements
- To understand the Cabin Crew application process
- To assess personal skills, qualities and experience and identify areas for development
- To understand how to write an effective CV
- To understand how to complete an application form effectively
- To assess the importance of personal presentation and grooming
- To understand the importance of networking at an assessment day
- To undertake mock psychometric tests
- To undertake mock teamwork assessment
- To undertake mock roleplay assessment
- To undertake mock interview
- To recognize areas for development in terms of own test practice, teamwork skills, customer service skills and interview skills
- To know where and how to apply for Cabin Crew jobs
Student’s receive pre-course study materials prior to course commencement. Upon course commencement students will receive relevant materials and a range of handouts used for reading, learning, undertaking tests and assessments. This also includes recording learning on a printed copy of the student portfolio as they progress through each module contained within the course. Within one week of completion of the course, students will also receive post-course material.
The trainers, who are also highly experienced as cabin crew, will adapt schedules to accommodate learner requirements as much as possible. If candidates appear to be struggling, trainers will aim to re-cap or cover areas again.